Old 07-01-22, 01:03 PM
Camilo

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1109 Post(s)
Liked 1,200 Times in 760 Posts
Originally Posted by Herzlos
....All we know is that in 2060, some people will still be saying that bike design peaked in (year they got their last good bike), and that everything made after (arbitrary date most people can't remember) aren't real bikes for some reason.
I read somewhere and will not describe it well, I'm sure, but, concerning pop music:

Pick an age where you started enjoying pop music. For me, this is about the time the British Invasion happened in the US, I was about 9 in 1962.
All pop music before (your baseline year) as "oldies", either not good or quaint. Definitely outdated.
The only pop music that is creative, progressive, interesting, artful and listenable happened between (your year) and (a year about 20 or so years later, for me the early 80s)
All pop music produced after (your later year) or so is ***** and just doesn't have the quality and creativeness of music produced between those two years of your favorite pop music.

The main symptom of this sort of attitude is when you yell at kids for having fun and making noise "get off my lawn", "kids these days".

I'm sort of kidding of course, but every generation thinks the previous generation is outdated and the next generation are slackers and tasteless dweebs. I hear my contemporaries talk about millennials, etc. in these terms and just laugh to myself because that's how my parents' generation talked about us and every millennial I know a great, hardworking person.

I love vintage bikes for nostalgia rand aesthetic reasons. I love modern bikes because they work so darn well and also like the aesthetics of some of them. I do NOT like vintage cars at all, not one bit. OK, maybe late 60s Mopar muscle cars - for aesthetic and nostalgic reasons. Current cars are just so much more comfortable and durable and look great in many cases.

Last edited by Camilo; 07-01-22 at 01:14 PM.
Likes For Camilo: