cyclezen
OM boy

Bikes: a bunch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 517 Post(s)
Liked 645 Times in 438 Posts
Originally Posted by GhostRider62
Born in the 50's and started to ride in the 70's, my vintage Masi GC hangs in the garage and I pretty much only ride carbon and electronic shifted bikes with carbon hoops
That's a shame..., for me,anyway. Certainly the 'new' stuff gets the most miles - just so deeply engrained in my cycling DNA... but getting out on my old gaspipe becomes approval to let memories flood back into the mind's eye. I have the same problem with motorcycles and ice skates... and surf boards... and... LOL!
The equipment is such an extension, that it becomes part of me... I know, crazy... LOL!
But it adds to the overall enjoyment.
If I was 35 again, now - I'd prolly obsess about 'new tech'. Thinking back, I did obsess when I was 58... LOL!
It's really OK to love the old gaspipe, Ok to 'need' the electronic/latest/lightest anything. I guess I'm avoiding the 'latest/lightest/fastest' tech, because I KNOW that this stuff won;t let me hold the wheel of really 'fast' groups around. A reality of my '73' which can't be undone...

You should get the MASI on the road more often, there's a different type of 'joy' to riding when the objective is different from being your 'fastest' self.
Ride On
Yuri
Likes For cyclezen: