View Single Post
Old 09-12-19, 05:31 PM
Loose Chain

Bikes: 84 Pinarello Trevisio, 86 Guerciotti SLX, 96 Specialized Stumpjumper, 2010 Surly Cross Check, 88 Centurion Prestige, 73 Raleigh Sports, GT Force, Bridgestone MB4

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked 71 Times in 56 Posts
Originally Posted by kingston
It would take a mountain of evidence to convince me that bicycle daytime running lights offer a safety benefit, and so far I haven't seen any. As far as I'm concerned they are just annoying.
That you think the lights annoying is the mountain evidence you asked for. If you are annoyed with my lights, then you see me.

And the US is not Germany, in Germany and most of Europe a significant portion of the populations rides and commutes on bicycles and motorists are much more accustomed to sharing the road and they have better cycling infrastructure. A cyclist on the road there is expected, in the US a cyclist on the road is not expected. The lights may be annoying but if so then they have served their purpose.

And if a blinking light on a bicycle is enough to annoy someone, then someone needs to chill out a little more. There are plenty of things that matter to be annoyed about but bicycle blinkies are not one of them.
Likes For Loose Chain: