View Single Post
Old 06-24-19, 03:37 PM
Orlando

Bikes: Trek Madone, 3 Marinoni Specials, Harry Quinn 753, Pogliaghi Pista, Miata Track

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Fly 6

Big thanks to 'canklecat' for that interesting information presented. I found it quite helpful. I bought a Fly6 back in 2015 and loved it - for a few months. It setup easily and worked flawlessly. I don't go out cycling on the roads in the winter and didn't use the unit for a few months. There was, and as far as I know still is, no information with the product that stipulated that it should be kept charged and it sat unused for three or four months. In the spring I plugged it in to charge it and it would not charge. I contacted Cycliq through their website and we exchanged numerous emails over several weeks. They did try to help and I followed all of their instructions to the letter but nothing helped. The unit remained kaput. After several weeks of this back and forth I asked if they would not replace the unit. They informed me that the unit was past its one year warranty, by about a week I think, maybe two. I asked if they would sell me a new unit at a discount. They said they're a small company and cannot afford to do that. I was not happy with that, especially because I really like the product and really wanted another one. But I wasn't keen to spend another $250 for a product that would get me through one summer of cycling. Of late I got to wondering if they might have improved the product and checked out their website again and I see they have upgraded the product. I also looked up good ol' Bike Forums to see what I could find. What I've found here doesn't give me a nice warm feeling. Seems Cycliq still has some bugs in the product and customer satisfaction is less than wonderful. Now I'm torn. I've found that good flashing lights really make a difference when I'm out there on the roads. The camera won't prevent a motor vehicle from hitting me but it does provide a record. If I'm hit and killed instantly, c'est la vie, but if I'm busted up and disabled, maybe in a wheel-chair, it would be nice to have a video record so I could seek justice. Hmm... looked at one way, $250 as an insurance policy for the summer is not outrageous. Gotta think about this. Thanks to all posters for their provided inputs. Ride on!