View Single Post
Old 12-27-19, 03:00 PM
Seattle Forrest

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18883 Post(s)
Liked 10,646 Times in 6,054 Posts
Originally Posted by Psimet2001
Yup - it's just another tool in the toolbox. Another factor for me is maintenance - roughly that tubeless requires it while tubed does not. When I only get a flat every couple of years the fact that I have to check the sealant level and top it off every 4 months or so is also bothersome for no return on performance. With so many bikes....between so many people in the family and all the disciplines... I'd burn them if they were all tubeless. As it is I yank them out when we need the bike, air them up and forget about it.

What I do enjoy about tubeless is that I do make an immense amount of money for setting them up for people in the shop. It takes longer for sure but the $/minute are definitely better on the tubeless side. With the shop and all the right tools it can also be fun to set them up.
I only have one bike, I can see how having a fleet would make it more of a pain in the ass. Especially if you wind up having to top the sealant off at different schedules. Also I'm using 28s on wide rims, if I was on high pressure 23s I don't know if it would work.