View Single Post
Old 04-13-21, 07:44 AM
primov8

Bikes: State Bicycle Co. Undefeated Track SS/FG, Lynskey Helix-Bronze

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked 204 Times in 95 Posts
Schwalbe One 25mm (non-addix)- first set of tubeless tires I bought and mounted back in 2018 on Reynolds Aero 58s. Surprisingly, the process of seating the tubeless tires wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. Back then, I didn't have a burst pump and my Milwaukee M12 portable inflator was strong enough to seat the tires onto the wheels. On the road, the tires seem to ride just as fast as my previous Schwalbe 1 Evo clinchers and Ultremo tubulars I had. It definitely had an edge in comfort as it gave my bike a more supple ride. I sold this wheelset to a friend last year and had close to 1500 miles on it. I didn't have any flats and just recently, my friend just upgraded to new tires after he put another 700-800 miles on it.

Panaracer GK TLC 32mm and 38mm- For my SBC all-road, I went with the 38s. For a wide road tire such as this, comfort is expected and its very obvious. Such an extremely comfortable ride (50 psi / 55 psi tubeless) but also a surprisingly nice, smooth rolling tire that doesn't feel like I'm riding on 38s. Mounted and seated easily on the Alex RXD6 wheelset. Closing in on about 700 miles and the tread still looks great. I'm hoping to finally hit some gravel, light trails and see how the SBC and GKs perform.
When I first built up my Lynskey Helix, I went with the GK 32s (60 psi / 65 psi) since I was already impressed with the 38s. No problems mounting and seating these tires on the Reynolds AR58/62 wheelset. Same results as the 38s; comfortable, smooth rolling and fit the Helix (max 32c tire) with room to spare as the GK tires are known to be wider than advertised. I keep saying this but when pushing out off the saddle, the Helix feels too behaved. With the 32s, I found myself looking down more often at the Karoo2 to see if I was moving slower than usual even though I'm wasn't. Although it made the bike ride more comfortable, sometimes I felt it made it feel a bit more muted for my liking.

Schwalbe Pro One Addix 30mm TLE- A couple weeks ago, I swapped out the GK 32s on the Helix for the Pro One Addix 30s (65 psi / 70 psi). As a long time user of Schwalbe tires, I eventually had to go and get these tires for the Helix. These are definitely faster tires than the GKs which was expected and seems to grip really well. While these mounted easily onto the Reynolds AR58/62, I had some trouble seating the tires onto the wheels. I don't know if my Milwaukee M12 inflator has seen better days but these tires just wouldn't seat until I added some sealant and then it was good to go. To date, I've got a bit over 400 miles on them and pressure seems to be holding up fine.