View Single Post
Old 05-22-21, 07:24 PM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2323 Post(s)
Liked 4,984 Times in 1,776 Posts
Pinarello Monviso....don't judge me.

Ok,,,,,yes I know...I did say I had to downsize.....but....man.....how do you resist this?

This one has languished locally for over a year now. Took a day off last Tuesday to get a lot of riding in and then for some reason I wound up reaching out to the seller on this. Went to see it and man was it in great shape and the seller was the original owner with a true "steel is real" passion. He took it down off the storage hook and dusted it off while I was there. It was beautiful and truly ready to go, serviced up, etc. He had some other beautiful rides too.

Anyway, so this is a mid 90's Monviso with a full Dura Ace 7700 build, Chris King headset, Thomson seatpost, Mavic Open Pro (28f/32r) rims laced to beautiful Dura Ace Hubs. Hardly a mark on the frame or the components, wheels true and buttery smooth, etc. Took it home, gave it a quick look over, lubed the chain, adjusted the saddle, and headed out for my fastest average paced ride of the year. 25 miles on the first test and I had already did a 30 miler earlier that day. Hadn't eaten between rides but this wonderful Pinarello just kept wanting to go. It's only running 700 x 23 tires vs my usual 700 x 25 but still felt smooth and comfortable on the rough chipseal. Mechanically, everything functioned perfectly.

Red means fast!

Great decals and paint

Beautiful lugwork

Paint is so shiny

Love that chrome!

Nice BB

The is the "roughest" decal

More quality lugwork

Last edited by jamesdak; 05-22-21 at 07:39 PM.