Old 07-07-21, 09:24 AM
GadgetGirlIL

Bikes: 2003 Litespeed Vortex, 2017 All-City Mr. Pink, ~1997 Trek Multitrack 700

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked 94 Times in 57 Posts
Originally Posted by GhostRider62
I find it very interesting the use of words.....stressful and get it over with.

One year I was close enough to K-hund that it would have been easy and since I was going to do the miles anyway, I gave it serious contemplation but in the end doing all those permanents and all the paperwork just seemed too unenjoyable. Too many controls nowadays. For me, it just ruins a ride to be frank. Too many controls 10-20 miles apart. I do one flat 200k with 5 controls in the first 70 miles. Has anyone ever heard of or saw some cheating?

I am wondering why the stressfulness? Is it the paperwork that gets you, like me?
For me the stressfulness associated with attaining an R-12 was due to the fact that I live in northern Illinois. Winter weather can be fickle. The year that I did mine, I rode a 200K brevet (R-11) December 2018 that started in 19 degree weather. It never got over freezing that day. That was also the month when RUSA had suspended the permanents program due to the insurance issue. R-12 was a 200K perm in January 2019 (RUSA had secured a different insurance provider). That was the only day in January that was suitable for riding as it ended up being 55 degrees in the afternoon. Then we spent the rest of the month in the deep freeze.
Likes For GadgetGirlIL: