View Single Post
Old 10-02-21, 05:00 PM
VegasTriker

Bikes: Catrike 700, Greenspeed GTO trike, , Linear LWB recumbent, Haluzak Horizon SWB recumbent, Balance 450 MTB, Cannondale SM800 Beast of the East

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 523 Post(s)
Liked 228 Times in 180 Posts
Check out the reviews at 'BentRider Online. You can find quality reviews by knowledgeable riders there. Here is one by the editor of the site for the Stratus XP 'BentRider Online» Blog Archive » RANS Stratus XP They have 445 reviews at that site. I couldn't find the Limbo though. A good source for information is Bicycleman in Alfred NY. Burley Limbo https://bicycleman.com/burley-limbo-recumbent-bike/ He sold a Stratus in 2019 for $1,095. It has Shimano components while the XP which may be newer has SRAM.
This is comparing apples to oranges since long wheelbase and short wheelbase bikes are totally different in the way they handle. I've owned both. My Linear LWB was a dream to ride. So comfortable but it was like piloting the Queen Mary because it was 7' long. I learned to do a U-turn by stopping, planting my feet on the ground, and then swiveling the frame 180 degrees. Much better than using the whole width of a two-lane street. My SWB Haluzak Horizon was much quicker handling and not nearly as comfortable as the Linear. With the Zak I had to be careful to avoid "heel strike" making a sharp turn since the front wheel is practically under the seat. One thing to check out is to see if you can find a recumbent with underseat steering to test ride. I personally would not buy a recumbent with overseat steering but that is my preference. My Linear LWB came with parts for both so I tried each in succession and settled on the USS. I have it on the Zak too and would not have bought it if it came only with OSS.

Rans is still making bikes today according to Bicycleman and I know Burley stopped making them some years ago. That means the few OEM parts specific to a model are easier to get for the Rans than for Burley.

Last edited by VegasTriker; 10-02-21 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Rans still in business