Old 10-15-21, 09:08 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4346 Post(s)
Liked 3,983 Times in 2,661 Posts
Where are you at dwsmartins ? The cheap-o hubs are probably the wrong direction for you. Get something of quality. I would talk with your local wheel builder and see what they recommend. I would personally look at the White Industries MI5 but you make it seem like you are in a place that is hard to get decent parts. They may be more expensive but can be had in 36 and 40h and are really reliable hubs. I have a set of their T11s and haven't done anything to those wheels they just roll perfect every time and they are rim brakes so I would know if there is an issue and while not as heavy as you am not a light weight rider by any means.

Oh wait I see Brazil, I should have read more but you might see if Tassara bike in Chile could help out? World Wide Distributors ? White Industries They also make some nice titanium frames from the look of it so probably could also help out with wheel building which as a Clyde I am sure you are well aware of.