Old 11-16-21, 05:26 AM
Ironfish653
Dirty Heathen

Bikes: 1997 Cannondale, 1976 Bridgestone, 1998 SoftRide, 1989 Klein, 1989 Black Lightning #0033

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 889 Post(s)
Liked 906 Times in 534 Posts
Originally Posted by GhostRider62
3M makes black colored reflective tape that I apply to the rims and frame. I also put silver 3M reflective tape on the crank arms and wear reflective leg bands at night, in addition to a reflective vest..
'Be Seen' lighting is a case where more is not always 'better' You want to call attention to yourself, but not cause confusion. Like mentioned earlier, pedal and wheel reflectors make a pattern of movement that is quickly and readily identified as 'Bicycle"
I'm not surprised that 10 Wheels 'Mothership' stops traffic. It certainly doesn't look like a bicycle, and if other road users have to figure out what you are, they don't know what you're going to do next.

Originally Posted by GhostRider62
Does anyone else find the flashing strobe light of an approaching cyclist to be nauseating? I run my front light on steady during the day.
On an MUP, yeah, running your 'anti-collision' lights is usually overkill. On the road, however, most bike headlights aren't bright enough or have large enough reflectors to stand out in daylight. A flashing light draws the eye better in low-contrast conditions like that. I've seen a couple lights that have a low-low-high pattern that's really effective.
Likes For Ironfish653: