View Single Post
Old 11-16-21, 02:16 PM
ZHVelo

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 528 Post(s)
Liked 230 Times in 161 Posts
I use the same whey powder I used when I was in the gym. It tastes well, mixes well, has good reviews, ingredients have little trash by the looks of it, and it has a lot of proteins (at the upper range) and not much else, i.e. you get that protein that you want without anything else. Whey powder is also much cheaper per gram of protein than bars. Edit: 1 scoop of mine (40g) is 31g protein, and a bit under 2g of fat and carbs. The latter two are negligible after long ride or hard session, but the 31g of protein is a nice addition to get protein into your system if you wouldn't otherwise.

Recovery drinks/mixes are such rip offs. They don't offer you anything you can't get otherwise but are quite expensive. I usually eat enough carbs to not need the carbs from them, but probably not enough protein, hence why I use whey (after interval sessions or long rides) to get the protein for which you'd otherwise need to plan (dairy, meat, lentils maybe or nuts etc). Pound for pound nothing comes close in getting you just protein. And voila, you have everything a "recovery shake" has.

Last edited by ZHVelo; 11-16-21 at 02:20 PM.
Likes For ZHVelo: