View Single Post
Old 01-10-21, 10:25 AM
kissTheApex

Bikes: Yes please

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 536 Post(s)
Liked 308 Times in 199 Posts
I knew which one Daisy was, before reading She looks quite the dame indeed. How tall is she?As I mentioned some time ago, I’d love to have a Kangal at some point, but with my urban 0.13 acres (with a house on it), I’d worry it’s too little space for a Kangal
Originally Posted by zatopek

My four best friends, affectionately referred to as “pigs”. This is the only time I have caught them all four on the dog couch at the same time. The two pigs in the middle, Kobe and Cooper, were the primary destroyers of that previously fine piece of furniture. Those two were adopted together as puppies. Along with Maggie, my adopted female Rottweiler mix who died 3 years ago, they systematically disassembled a number of pieces of furniture. That’s Magoo on the left. He was already old when I adopted him. He was blind from birth as his optic nerves never formed. I believe he may be the Methuselah of dogs. On the right is the grand dame, big Daisy, 3.5 year old Kangal Shepherd I adopted 2.5 years ago. She was abandoned, made her way through a rescue to a kennel in Virginia. When she joined the pack, she tried to kill me and the other 3 pigs. Now, she is the biggest, sweetest, most delightful, gentle giant you ever met. She even goes to school with me some days and kids having a bad day often stop by my office or classroom to rub Daisy’s belly for some “therapy”. My pigs have given more than I can ever repay.