View Single Post
Old 01-10-21, 10:34 AM
zatopek

Bikes: Neilpryde Nazare, Storck Scenero G3, Colnago Extreme Power, CAAD 10, Bowman Palace R, Strong Custom Foco Steel, BMC SLR01, BMC ALR01

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked 114 Times in 53 Posts
Daisy, aka Big Pig, is 31” at the shoulder, 118 pounds when last at the vet. She is at the upper end of the size range for female Kangals. I have a big (1/3 acre) fenced yard. Still, Daisy gets 3 to 4 mile walks/runs a few times each week. You might be surprised how much of a couch potato a Kangal can be. She seems most happy lying on the back deck, watching and protecting her yard. As an example, in the soy bean field behind my yard this morning, about 15 buzzards and vultures thought they would dine on some animal corpse. That was until Daisy saw them. She will not allow buzzards anywhere near the yard and even chases after them, barking, when they cruise over. It’s hilarious. The other dogs look at her as if she is crazy. Suffice to say, Kangals are extremely effective watch dogs.

Originally Posted by kissTheApex
I knew which one Daisy was, before reading She looks quite the dame indeed. How tall is she?As I mentioned some time ago, I’d love to have a Kangal at some point, but with my urban 0.13 acres (with a house on it), I’d worry it’s too little space for a Kangal
Likes For zatopek: