View Single Post
Old 11-11-21, 07:21 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4513 Post(s)
Liked 6,388 Times in 3,673 Posts
Originally Posted by SpudBoi
I can't believe the sheer number of solid bikes some of you are finding at good prices. My town loves to refer to itself as a "bicycle" town, and all the magazines telling people to move here say the same, but the huge majority of used bikes available are cheap department store junk. I'm also 6' 3" so that makes finding what I'm looking for a bit more difficult as well. But I'll keep looking!
Sounds like PDX?

Those spewing that diatribe just want more people who can afford to move here to come and displace those who made it this way but can't afford to live here now.

You will have to broaden your horizons, likely step up a bit and out of your comfort zone. Like it or not efbay is the biggest game around. The "Are you looking for one of these, efbay + CL finds" thread here is actually better but you need help to get there from here and we will and do help but it takes diligence, patience and wrangling to make it happen.