Old 06-16-22, 06:43 AM
dmwill

Bikes: 1989 Dahon Stainless Steel Classic, 1993 Burley Samba Mixte tandem, 2002 Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo, 2003 Co-Motion Speedster tandem, 2021 Trek Verve 3, 2021 Priority Current

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 31 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by owgreenb
Hi all. I just picked up a basically-NOS 2001-2003 Burley Nomad. Love this thing. My only question is: where does the safety flag go? The guy I bought it from didn't know, and the manuals on burley.com don't go back that far. The manuals for the newer Nomads tell you to put it in a pocket that, as far as I can tell, doesn't exist on my trailer. It's possible there's a detachable pocket or something that's missing, in which case I can go back to the guy I bought it from, but as it is I can't quite figure out how to put it in.

If anyone else is wondering the same thing and doesn't have any answers, I can share my workaround, but it's not pretty. I'd rather do it the right way!

Thanks!
Most of the internet pictures I see show the pocket on the outside of the left panel, between the wheel and the tow bar attachment. The flatbed doesn't support a flag. I found a 2003 manual on manualslib that shows on page 10 the flag pouch on the outside left panel. What's your left panel look like?

Tried posting a link to the manual, but I'm too noob to do so, sorry.