Old 03-25-21, 03:00 AM
apollodriver

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
hi there - many many thanks for the quick reply and for this fruitful discussion .

i am new to this topic i appreciate every comment - every answer here. This is all very very important to me.

Originally Posted by duanedr
You are including the triangle under the headtube and forward to the front axle. That wouldn't be within the fixture length. This probably frees up 200mm or so...I don't think anyone would ever build a standard single that wouldn't fit on a 1220 beam. As I mention, if you start doing long tails or something like that, perhaps then it might be an issue .
great - well as said above

i really appreciate all your ideas, thoughts and i love this thread.

so you are arguing for using up to 1220 mm beam - or max 1500 but 2000 is quite tooo much !?
this would have some benefits - the shop-space here is not tooo large - in other words - the 1220 beam is quite smaller and would fit into my rooms even more - than the 2000 beam would..

love to hear from you all -- and look forward to the discussion here

greetings from good old Europe
yours Apollodriver

btw: as duanedr mentioned:
Doing some rough calculations, the wheelbase would need to be upwards of 1300mm before 1220 wouldn't be enough. The front of the beam sits roughly inline with the HT bottom edge, not the axle. I know another 5-6inches of length on my beam would be annoying to as it would make it that much harder to get around it in the shop.
But if i get more options with a taller beam (up to 2000 mm) i will go the hard way ...

As allways - i look forward to hear from you

Last edited by apollodriver; 03-25-21 at 09:44 AM.