Old 07-06-21, 09:38 AM
zandoval 

Bikes: Univega, Peu P6, Peu PR-10, Ted Williams, Peu UO-8, Peu UO-18 Mixte, Peu Dolomites

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 969 Post(s)
Liked 1,632 Times in 1,048 Posts
Originally Posted by Carbonfiberboy
...Her doctor advised her to stop after the FDA warning came out...
I go through this Quinine sulfate analysis often. The FDA cannot approve a medication for a condition that does not work in at least 70% of the general population. For leg cramp Quinine Sulfate only helps about a third of the population. The FDA and the WHO have recently recommended against Quinine Sulfate in the treatment of Malaria because other licensed medications are available.

The biggest danger of Quinine Sulfate is in prolonged QT interval and that is a reasonable fear. There are many people who take blood pressure and anti-arrhythmic medications and these people could be effected by large does of Quinine Sulfate. The list of medications that effect QT interval is long, https://www.cpsbc.ca/files/pdf/Metha...olongation.pdf
Certainly allot of the money making FDA approved drugs should not have to compete for a drug grandfathered into the formulary without modern proof of efficacy and safety, even though its been around for over a hundred years.

I am not in a position to argue with the FDA that's for sure. Even after they dropped the ball on the use of Hydroxycloroquine and Ivermectin in the treatment of Covid19.

So where are we at? Hylands Leg Cramp Formula is a Homeopathic Over The Counter medication that has Cinchona Bark in it. Cinchona Bark is what you make Quinine Sulfate from. So if you are not on medications that prolong your QT interval and you are lucky enough to be in that 30% of the general population that gets relief of leg cramps from Cinchona Bark, you should be able to use Hylands effectively.

As for the FDA, WHO, and other Big Pharm participators, that's for another thread that I certainly don't want to get into...