Thread: Diabetics?
View Single Post
Old 05-24-23, 07:24 AM
plumberroy

Bikes: Surly long haul trucker, Surly steamroller,Huffy Catalina, Univega Alpina 501. Gravity deadeye monster, Raliegh sport , Electra loft 1

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 607 Post(s)
Liked 298 Times in 181 Posts
My type 2 diabetes started after a bout of diverticulitis in 2016. I can not take metformin it tears my stomach up. I take trulicity . I had a bad spell that I could not get my BS down after my second foot surgery . Late June of last year I was 338 with A1C at 9.3 in 6 months I dropped to 5.6 . I have cut 80% of my soda intake, and make better carb choices. At the moment I am plateaued at 297 lbs
Foot issues have effected my riding More than Diabetics I am just getting back to riding. Couple 8 mile rides a week with short rides in-between
My job allows me to talk with nutritionist and every other type of medical professionals daily . My energy crashes around 95 blood glucose levels. I can tell it's there without a test. Not just riding I keep no sugar added apple sauce pouches, and single serving cup of peanut butter. For electrolytes I add a little cranberry juice and lime juice to water around a cup of juice split between 4-5 quart tumblers of water.