Cyclist0108
Occam's Rotor

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2366 Post(s)
Liked 2,331 Times in 1,164 Posts
Originally Posted by Marcus_Ti
Didn't you run Di2 with it?
No, sorry, different bike. I ran a 6-speed freewheel with it. (I also needed to change my short-cage Campy rear derailleur for a long-cage Shimano Tiagra, which had the merit of being silver-colored but was otherwise more blasphemy -- ultimately I decided to get an Athena-11 triple and a new wheelset.)

Originally Posted by Marcus_Ti
I built up my unpavement rig with one with Di2 and no shimming was needed. Your Bianchi used a collar-clamp FD right? Or was it braze-on?
The Bianchi frame has a braze-on, but it was too high, so I tried putting a clamp adaptor below it, but could not get high enough with the braze-on there. I had the good sense (for a change) not to try to hack it off (having had the previous Bianchi frame crack there, I wasn't even going to think about it.)

My Di2 bike is a modern steel frame, and it has a clamp-on for the front derailleur, so putting the 46/30T on that (I used a White Industries crank) did not create any issues at all. Shifting is certainly smoother than with my nearly 3 year old Ultegra crank.