Old 02-28-21, 04:26 PM
DangerousDanR

Bikes: Time Scylon, Lynskey R350, Ritchey Breakaway, Ritchey Double Switchback, Lynskey Ridgeline, ICAN Fatbike

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 467 Post(s)
Liked 548 Times in 308 Posts
Congratulations on 30 years. We bought ours so that we could ride across the 60th parallel to celebrate my turning 60. It has been one of the best purchases we have made.

Our tandem is a Ritchey Breakaway Double Switchback. It is from the first batch and it is red, white, and blue. The new ones are maroon instead of the red. We bought it because it fits in a couple of suit cases and can fly to some amazing places.

This picture was on our first tour. We were on Commercial Street in Lerwick , Shetland, Scotland. It has also been on the Twin Otter that flies to Barra in the Outer Hebrides. A couple of times. To Skye. To San Francisco, Winter-Peg, Park Rapids, Lake Itasca, all around Fargo, and to France. It wants to go back to Canada, Scotland and France and lots more places. Also Mr. and Mrs. Dan are a bit trimmer now than when we started out, but I doubt it would have that effect on Mr. and Mrs. Toad.

No doubt a Co-Motion is a great bike. I would recommend getting one with the couplers. You will never be able to fly a single piece tandem frame to Barra. Maybe not to Shetland. You will have to take the ferry, which is a 12 hour trip.

Since this picture was taken the pedals have been upgraded to Ritchey SPD pedals. Clipless pedals are IMNSHO a must. The wheels are now Spinergy from House of Tandems. Also, the brakes are now the Hope V4 instead of the E4, which were not up to dealing with our bulk.

t is still a flat bar setup. The tires on there were Schwalbe Marathon 39X700C and it is now running Conti GP5000 32X700C. If we went with 650B wheels we could go wider. The saddles are different now. Hers broke on the Isle of Lewis and she likes the replacement better. The Thudbuster seat post is, according to Mrs. Dan, a mandatory item as well.

Finally, those crappy cable locks are sufficient for rural Scotland. Actually, in the Hebrides, we took to leaning it against a wall and coming back hours later and finding it right where we left it.

Likes For DangerousDanR: