Old 03-20-21, 05:46 PM
rubiksoval

Bikes: bikes

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2622 Post(s)
Liked 1,429 Times in 711 Posts
Originally Posted by TMonk
COVID shot two this morning, so I think the weekend will be particularly lite, but that's fine..
I didn't think I had any side effects from my second one 10 days ago. I rode easy the next day and then easy again the day after that in the morning, but the second day's afternoon I tried a harder effort and got nowhere. Same for the next day. So no noticeable effects other than not being able to go above threshold for very long. Then finally I had a really, really good 1 hour ride, putting out the power I was expecting to, but that night I got some crazy heart palpitations, such that it woke me up at 3 am and lasted for about 15 minutes. Then again the next morning I had more when I tried a ride again.

I've had these in the past and have also had an ablation a couple of years ago, but haven't had palpitations so noticeable and frequent since the ablation, so I'm guessing it was a result of the vaccine and possibly trying to do a bit too much physically... I don't know, but it was super irritating. I've taken the last few days off to hopefully let my body cope a bit more. Hopefully a few days of rest and I'll be back into the swing of things on Monday.

A couple of guys I know have both reported different effects (one knocked him out for a day or two, the other was okay except he said he had no legs for a few days), but it's frustrating if you're in the midst of a solid block of training!
Likes For rubiksoval: