burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Originally Posted by Hermes
Wow. 30 seconds per mile is huge. I would have loved to have the super shoes when I was racing 10K. How does one not wear those shoes and be competitive?
The original Nike advertisement and name for their supershoe was “5%”. So if going 10min miles that is 30sec a mile faster. Even a 6min/mi person would still get what, 17 sec or so a mile?

I will say though I couldn’t run long daily runs in them week in and week out. After a break from running for the TT training I will probably buy their friendlier “speed” version for training. They have good reviews for that and combo using for a spirited run.

After the TT I will probably keep the run volume weekly as I find since I TT and dont need a lot of sprint power or repeatable 1min power that the fitness translates fine if I am careful strategy wise. Then if a local duathlon pops up I can just do a week of brick workouts and be ready also.

It would be neat to try to both have a sub 21min 10mi TT and a sub 20min 5k run pace.

I think I also still owe wife’s friend being a “mule” for 13mi of a 24 hr run they are doing. So have to keep it up so that is easy enough to do later.
Likes For burnthesheep: