View Single Post
Old 06-12-22, 10:13 AM
rustystrings61 

Bikes: 2002 Mercian Vincitore, 1982 Mercian Colorado, 1976 Puch Royal X, 1973 Raleigh Competition, 1971 Gitane Tour de France and others

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 823 Post(s)
Liked 1,395 Times in 694 Posts
1st Single-Speed Sunday of 2022!

With the Clunker Challenge completed for the year, I thought it was time to return to the fixed-wheel. I pulled Maitre Jacques the ‘71 Gitane TdF from his pegs, pumped up the tires to 80 psi and set off for at
least a few miles, because few miles beats no miles all hollow.

I was late getting started and it was soon beastly hot - no, not really, any beast with sense was sheltering in the shade. Almost immediately I was struck by how smoothly and well this bike runs. I romped up the hills of Deadfall Road, alternating seated turning-‘em-round and dancing on the pedals and while I felt the climb, it wasn’t bad. From thence it was across 246 and 25 and over to Dixie. I didn’t have the Hodges Run in me, so I took Deadfall’s extension to its end at Clem Road, then Old Abbeville to Langley with a side trip to the Y. On then to Northside Drive, grateful to avoid the church traffic that would crank up a few minutes later and back home with 12 miles in. I need more time on the bike!

No new photos, it was too hot to stop for them, but here’s a photo of today’s mount -

Last edited by rustystrings61; 06-13-22 at 06:02 AM.
Likes For rustystrings61: