Thread: Double butted
View Single Post
Old 08-26-22, 11:48 PM
HuffyMaster3000

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I think you did miss a few things from this thread.
I came here asking about frame tubes instead of having that discussion I'm being forced to justify my reasons to build a bike. I'm going to recap a few points
- I have a bike which I'm using as transportation. I want to build a better one and give away or sell the one I'm riding now.
- I like working on and fixing things in general. I enjoy building bikes. I like building bikes more than I like riding
- I like wrenching so much I volunteered at this very same coop.
- I volunteered at this coop so I know how much parts they keep in stock. They always have more parts than they have frames. Unless something has changed over the past few years I will have a bugger problem with finding good frames.
- I don't have a specific budget but I can't justify spending more than $400 at a time for a bike.

Given used bike prices right now I'm not quite sure that I would get the same level of quality at the same price for an assembled bike vs a built one. But sure you all have a point and I will look around more for a complete bike.
“Aggressive” geometry in this context mean less slack in the head tube/ less upright riding position. I'm really felling some hostility about riding for transportation instead of pure enjoyment and my like of wrenching.
Is a bike not a form of transportation? Is wrenching not a part of bike culture?