Old 10-17-19, 05:32 PM
Luckyword1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Wanted: Multi-speed Foldable w 16" wheels

I'm in the market for a 6-speed folding bike with 16" wheels and am looking for suggestions/advice.

For years, I had a very old Dahon Mariner with 20" wheels that was a blast. I recently sold it on Craigs because it was somewhat cumbersome to pack and unpack into a 29" Samonsite suitcase before trips on Southwest to various conventions around the US.

I'm looking for something that I'm going to lock outside convention centers (during the day) with several locks. I do practice good lock etiquette -- I usually use two U Locks that lock the bike to a solid pole, with as minimal wiggle room as possible, looped through the frame and both wheels.

I'll keep it indoors at night, of course.

It's not realistic to roll it into convention centers, given the airplane style cramped seating at these conventions...

I like Brompton but they look like thief magnets when parked outside, and are pretty darn expensive compared to other options.

Citizen Bike looks really good, and I've been surprised to see posts complain about the weight of the bike -- because, unless I'm overlooking something, Citizen Bikes are only about three pounds heavier than many Bromptons and Dahons.

I'm open to any suggestions, new or used, and have been scouting Craigslist and EBay. Only requirements..

16" wheels and multi-speed (so I can go fast).

If you know of good new or used models that are 16" and multi-speed, please do share what model(s) you can recommend. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Happy Wheeling!