View Single Post
Old 02-20-21, 06:14 PM
Atlas Shrugged

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1248 Post(s)
Liked 1,323 Times in 674 Posts
Originally Posted by TiHabanero
This is not a Campy vs. anything thread, it is a sigh of relief working on something outside of utilitarian bike components thread. I love the positive feel of Campy shifters much as I love the feel of an Italian racing gearbox. Takes deliberate effort to move and gives positive feedback to what movement was made. I just really like having something different to work on.

As to the Ferrari comparison, it was originally Cadillac, but decided to use an Italian brand instead and did not wish to insult Tullio using Fiat. By the way, had the pleasure of working on another Campy equipped bike today. Old Centuar 10 speed and it shifts perfectly. Feel of the levers was still positive after all these years. Bonus is that the grease has not gummed up!
So after over 3,300 posts to this forum you had no intention or expectation that this would turn into the usual Brand X is great the rest are not? Using Ferrari as a comparison really! More like Ford, Chevy, Chrysler or how about Nissan, Toyota, Mazda.