View Single Post
Old 07-23-21, 10:30 AM
hokiefyd 

Bikes: More bikes than riders

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1446 Post(s)
Liked 762 Times in 570 Posts
Thanks for the responses so far. I do have two-bolt seat posts and have tried adjusting tilt. I find I have the conventional trade-off often noted here -- if I tilt it a bit forward, there definitely is less perineum pressure, but then I do feel more like I'm being pushed forward, and my hands and wrists feel more of it. If I tilt it a bit backward, I feel more pressure, but with less on my arms and hands. Maybe an ever-so-slight forward tilt is just what my lower anatomy needs, and I need to figure out the cockpit comfort...? That may be something for me to go back and try again -- a slight forward cant on the saddle.

I figured clothes with padding would be sort of like soft saddles -- it'd just put pressure in some of the softer tissues. I should probably try some, though. I truly am ignorant in that area.

I have not consulted a doctor about this. I don't have any other side effects or concerns about comfort of "performance" in this region. A doctor's opinion probably isn't a bad idea, but I figured that since the numbness is directly related to time on a bike saddle, that I'm just missing something with my fit...whether it be saddle type, shape, width, angle...or lack of good cycling shorts/padding...etc.