View Single Post
Old 06-22-22, 04:41 PM
ehcoplex 

Bikes: '38 Schwinn New World, ’69 Peugeot PX-10, '72 Peugeot PX-10, ‘7? Valgan, '78 Raleigh Comp GS, ’79 Holdsworth Pro, ’80 Peugeot TH-8 tandem, '87 Trek 400T, ‘7? Raleigh Sports, ‘7? Raleigh Superbe, ‘6? Hercules

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 761 Post(s)
Liked 1,563 Times in 757 Posts
Sweet Retrofriction Goodness!

Been having a run of bad eVILBay luck lately, in one case what seemed like a great deal on some Retrofrictions turned into something less than a 'deal'.... A seller on eBay.fr had two clamp-on sets for sale for a decent price, and I thought I was being clever buying both and combining shipping to land a good deal. Turned out both sets were incomplete (missing springs, missing bushings, washers, etc....). I don't think it was intentional on the sellers part, and they refunded the $ on one pair and let me keep both. Even with that, after finding & buying the parts necessary to make both sets functional it all ended up being not much of a deal at all. Still, I've got a couple sets of Retrofrictions now. Finally got one set put on the PX-10 and got in a good ride today, and....... Wow! These things deserve the high regard they're held in! Smooth, light touch, just really nice to shift with. So easy and quick to micro-adjust a shift. Shiny & sparkly, too. And I swear the bike is 15% faster now!