Old 09-01-22, 01:58 PM
guythatbrews

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I was goofing around seeing how much my '98 yfoil 66 was worth and found this thread. I'm the only owner of this bike thought I'd add a few things.

Mine is 56cm and it's not the lightest bike out there. With the current junk I've got on ot it weighs 21.7 lbs. It might have been 21 out of the box (with pedals) but not much less.

Although the crankset is 2x9 dura ace the rest is ultegra. As pointed out some parts getting hard to find. I understand the 9 speed brifters are not the best and I've had to replace the right one.

I like the ride. Around here roads are crummy and it evens out the bumps. Hi speed cornering not a problem at all. My gut feeling is the aero part is way better than a double diamond frame. I seem to pull away from those on downhills.

It does get noticed. Folks that aren't into bikes much think it is the brand new hot stuff out there. And for sure it is a love it or hate it thing. But everybody loves the blue iced ink color.

Although I enjoy riding it, all things equal if it was 98 again I'd probably buy a conventional frame bike. Not sure why that is but that's the way I feel.
Likes For guythatbrews: