Old 08-04-22, 09:14 PM
MPStoops

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 4 Posts
My normal use MTB is a Specialized Stumpjumper Comp Alloy, but often times I feel like I'm way "overbiked" depending on the trails I'm riding and especially if I'm riding with some friends who are totally newbs to mountain biking. I wanted to get a halfway decent hardtail for those time when the Stumpy was just more than I needed and I opted for a Polygon Xtrada 7 from bikesonline.com I recently got my girlfriend one of their full suspension bikes and it's been great. But this Xtrada 7 hardtail is really hard to beat for the price - $1100 and it comes with everything you want, other than the dropper post (which I added as soon as I got it). Aluminum frame, SR Suntour XCM 32 air fork, Shimano Deore 1x12 drivetrain, Shimano M200 hydraulic discs and tubeless ready wheels (but the tires are not tubeless ready, go figure). It does take a little bit of mechanical knowledge to assemble these bikes, but it's very straightforward as all the "hard work" was done at the factory. So far I'm super happy with both of these bikes, and I've got some 30 years of experience doing this (raced CAT 3 back in the 90s on the road, Sport Class in NORBA MTB racing back then as well). I'm extremely happy with this bike and highly recommend it to anyone on a budget looking for something decent.