DougRNS
Silver Comet Fred

Bikes: 1

Mentioned: 145 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8812 Post(s)
Liked 2,938 Times in 1,719 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey
Went to the movies tonight with Mrs. GJ, first time since the Pandemic started. It was decidedly weird. Almost nobody was there. There were no ticket sellers, just 3 ticket kiosks. There was a bar, with bartender. There was no person or machine taking tickets, or checking them - you could just walk into any of the theaters. You could probably just walk right in without paying. Where the concession stand would be, it LOOKED like a concession stand, but it was all glassed in. There was a robot standing by what I realized was the kitchen.

We went to our seats. Nobody else was in that theater. Nobody.

There was a QR code on the armrest that you could scan to see the snack and drink menu, and a button you could push for someone to come and take your order, and scan your credit card for payment. Then a robot takes the food to the theater and a server brings it to you.

At the end of the movie - and STILL nobody else had showed up - we walked out into the hallway, and as I waited for Mrs. GJ to hit the restroom, no more than 7 patrons passed me. Maybe half that many staff, and about the same number of robots.

Mrs. GJ correctly said, "It's dystopian!"

Streaming and COVID may have done in the movie theaters.
I thought it was because 95% of the movies blow.
Likes For DougRNS: