Old 09-13-21, 02:05 PM
Badbird2000

Bikes: Litespeed

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 6 Posts
Bad dog!!

What do you guys use when you are being chased by dogs? It happens on occasion, but Saturday it happened 6 times in 22 miles. I live in a rural part of east Tennessee and some people don't seem to follow our local leash law. By the end of the ride i was getting a little ticked off. Sunday, i went back out, different route out, but had to use the short cut back home as i was bonking. One of the same dogs, i knew the house, made another appearance. German Sheppard, at the top of a climb, when both quads are cramped. He came running out aggressivly, barking, showing teeth. Never got close enough to bite but if he did he probably would have. I was yelling at him to heal, stay, stop... nothing. Didn't want to chance taking a foot out of the clips and kick him.. bad things would ensue if i missed. He finally gave up after chasing me about 75 yards down the road. I yelled at the home owner, who may or may not have been home to Get your damn dog!

I have a dog, she is kept inside, or when outside on a leash. I love dogs and don't want to hurt any of them, but i need a way to fend them off, safely for me and them. Anyone use bear spray, or pepper spray? I am pretty sure i'm not going to walk up to the owners front door and ask them to keep Cujo chained up...