Old 11-17-22, 09:09 PM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5793 Post(s)
Liked 2,585 Times in 1,433 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve_sr
Well the builder has responded and claims that it is within "tolerance" so won't be reworking the frame. The bike has been paid for long ago and I don't have any leverage other than the builders good will. The only way I could see them possibly doing anything is that if the post won't hold position while riding. Yes, eventually I hope to be able to ride this bike. It has only been 15 months so far.
What good will? The builder doesn't care about what he sells, a long as he gets paid for it.

In any case, there's always small claims court. For my part, I can't believe the builder is refusing to deal with it, since replacing the insert is an easy fix for him.

I can't be you, but if it were me, I'd do whatever I could to turn up the heat.

If you are near a reputable builder, or decent pro shop, ask for a consult, then let the builder know you're prepared to sue (and, of course go public).

BTW to be clear, I don't know what this jerk thinks "within tolerance" means, but there actually are standards for this. The frame is to be reamed to 0.05mm +0.00 -0.02mm, over nominal, or between 31.63 and 31.65 for a 31.6 post.

Anyone who can't produce within those tolerances fails as a builder. Denying the facts means he also fails as a human.

Last edited by FBinNY; 11-17-22 at 11:47 PM.
Likes For FBinNY: