cudak888 
www.theheadbadge.com

Bikes: http://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2422 Post(s)
Liked 4,396 Times in 2,093 Posts
Originally Posted by pastorbobnlnh
No need for springs in the saddle--- ---when there's full frame suspension!

Kurt, your Moulton needs to distance itself from the Huffy stigma and emulate the group ride photo in tcs post. I vote for GB drop bars, double cages with aluminum cork-topped bottles at the head tube, and notice what could be a Brooks Professional on the one Dr. Moulton is pushing. Classy and British through and through.
Agreed, that's why I like the idea of a B.72 despite being partial to the B.66 (and even selling off a B.72 earlier this year). No reason for a second bouncy device when the frame already is one.

Drop bars are for 531, Bob, and I've had my fill for now.

To be quite honest, the Moulton Mk.1's build construction is worthy of Huffy status and shouldn't have drop bars. If it's not stamped, it's bulge-formed on this thing, and where it's not bulge formed, it's crudely welded together (or brazed; not sure - it is messy enough to be ground-down stick welds. It is obvious it was built by BMC for Moulton and not a specialized bicycle manufacturer.

I'd probably be more satisfied with a Raleigh-built Mk.III for build quality, but I'm just not keen on the revised frame (or the fact that they raided the Twenty parts bin for everything when they built it).

-Kurt