Old 01-07-23, 07:14 PM
linberl

Bikes: Trident Spike 2 recumbent trike w/ e-assist

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1321 Post(s)
Liked 374 Times in 288 Posts
Originally Posted by Leisesturm
No progressive would ever say something so unenlightened so you cannot possibly be one. But there you are, a bent owner. A bent lover. By your logic Portland, OR arguably one of the most prominent Progressive bastions, should be awash in bents of all kinds, and while I have seen mind numbingly large amounts of bicycles of every description, I've seen just a handful of bent bikes and just three trikes while out and about. <shrug> ...
Now that we have actually had some rain here in the Bay Area, I can see why recumbent trikes would not be popular in Portland. Riding that close to the ground with most of your body close to parallel to the ground is not a good thing when it is wet. On my DF I can use an inexpensive poncho to stay dry. On a recumbent trike, I think it's either full rain jacket and pants AND water proof shoes or a canopy and fairing. Both are more trouble and more expense than a poncho you can whip on and off and stuff in a bag. If this thing where water from the sky falls down on us keeps up here in the Bay Area, I may have to buy fenders!!!!! Haven't used them in a decade, lol. But we do need the rain.........