Old 09-02-21, 11:31 AM
TMonk
Not actually Tmonk

Bikes: road, track, mtb

Mentioned: 142 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2680 Post(s)
Liked 3,209 Times in 1,691 Posts
More knee testing this morning. At this point I feel pretty good but I've had chronic issues in years past so I'm taking it seriously and I know better than to push it too much.

I did my standard Zwift opener ride, which involves a SST climb up Epic KOM, threshold+ romp down Fuego Flats reverse on the TT bike (got second for 9:42s) and then a big ring smash up Zwift KOM in z5/6 (<2 minutes), under 2 hours total. I did feel a little bit of pressure/soreness up Epic KOM when I was out of the saddle shifting into the big ring through the castle. But I sat down and downshifted/spun at z4 in the little ring and it went away basically immediately. I still kept the pressure on and didn't notice it for the rest of my ride, even when pushing z4/5 over the next effort.

I was eager to get going with my day/started at work so I skipped the Zwift KOM smash which would have been the most stress on the knee. It probably would have gone fine, but we can save that for another day. I've got months of z1/2 to build those supporting muscles and tendons back up anyway, no rush.
Likes For TMonk: