ericcox
Trying to keep up

Bikes: Pinarello Prince, Orbea Onix, Ridley Fenix

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 79 Posts
Originally Posted by rumrunn6
how old are the cables & housings? maybe it's time for replacements?
have you cleaned the shifters & derailers, as-in, flooding them w/ WD40 while actualing them?
The bike isn't even a year old, and it has done this the entire time I've owned it - it got better as I grew more accustomed to working with SRAM - this is my first SRAM bike. Definitely have cleaned the derailleur, though I tend to be nervous about hitting shifters with WD40 as long as they are engaging well.

Originally Posted by indyfabz
And therein lies your problem.
You random internet person, are dead to me.

Originally Posted by TiHabanero
From what I read you are pleased with the bike when it is clean, but as it picks up grit and grime from use on dirt roads your satisfaction in the bike fails quickly. The simple solution is to stop riding on dirt, otherwise clean the bike after every ride to keep it working as your preference indicates.
FWIW, Apex has always sucked and is no comparison to any Di2 set up. This is coming from a guy that does not care for Di2, but has worked on plenty of Apex and Di2 bikes.
Damn it. I want to hear that Apex really can be good. Actually, I know it can in short bursts. But yeah, I've learned if I want it to ride well, I just have to clean it after basically every non-paved ride. When only on pavement, I can give it a full week. Serious question - what's your experience with AXS? I've had my eye on bike with Rival XPLR.