Old 07-01-22, 04:16 PM
Polaris OBark
ignominious poltroon

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2241 Post(s)
Liked 3,443 Times in 1,802 Posts
Originally Posted by Caliwild
Was actually considering the same frameset... Welds look good enough in pics. How do they look in person? Comments on overall quality?
The frameset looks great to me. It is basically brushed raw titanium with minimal decals that look very easy to remove or replace. It has a lifetime warranty (which I found out on their website only today when I was looking for something else). The welds look fairly smooth. I can try to take a close-up photo. There is a slight toothpaste-quality to it, but I've never really looked that closely at titanium welds before. Anyway, it looks solid. There are lots of options for wiring Di2, conventional cables, etc. I only just noticed it has 3 water bottle mounts, so that is a nice touch. If you want a front derailleur, it will need to be band-clamp (which I prefer, having cracked a steel seat tube at the braze-on in 1989). The only thing "negative" I can say about the frame is a 42 cm tire is about the widest you can cram in there with 700C rims; I doubt much wider for a 650b, because of the way the chain stays are shaped. The frame weighs 4 lbs, so it isn't the world's lightest titanium frame.