Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6203 Post(s)
Liked 4,816 Times in 3,323 Posts
Originally Posted by Aushiker
I can only comment from the perspective of my Delmorne InReach but this is simply not factual. That was my experience with the Spot Messenger I had previously. With my inReach I can and do compose texts on my phone and send and receive them via the inReach.
How was my post not factual? Are you able to easily compose the messages on the inReach? In my opinion, No. Did I not say that because it is able to integrate into other devices that you might be able to compose messages with another device easier? Yes.

So where is the not factual part? Or am I wrong about not having to have a subscription to send message via satellite?

Otherwise you confirmed something I suspected but didn't know for certain that it could connect to a smartphone as well as other garmin devices.

Spot recently introduced SPOT X a two way messenger/tracker that has a full keyboard and is cheaper than the inReach for the hardware. I have not compared the subscription cost or functions on it. Battery life is one area the other Spot's shine. Don't know for the new one though.

Last edited by Iride01; 06-04-18 at 05:50 PM.