Old 11-01-22, 09:51 PM
Kevinti

Bikes: Time VXS Translink, State Bicycle Black Label V2 Single, Electra Beach Cruiser, Santana Tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 16 Posts
I emailed Santana and found out that my frame is a 1998 and then I found this page that showed what they came with so that is a good start for me.

(I need to post 10 posts first!)
EDIT: here is the link http://www.gtgtandems.com/specs/sant-roadspecs.html

Pretty sure mine is a Soveriegn model. I have a Shimano Sweet 16 Wheelset that I'm going to use. Probably start with some 32mm Gatorskin tires to try and protect from our terrible road debris. It has a 9 speed cassette so I may as well pursue a 3x9 crankset (and group) that it would have originally came with. The link shows a 30/42/53 front chainring set. I think my cassette is 11-34 so that seems like a great range. It seems every decision I make going forward will limit what "available equipment" will do the job and is why I started the thread to get some pointers. I also have an Arai drum brake that I intend on using but will probably address the brakes and gear shifters last. I like the "idea" of v-brakes with travel agents to start off with. I am planning on using a drop bar up front and a bull bar for the stoker. Bike came with tamer seatposts for both positions. That's all I got for now. I see a lot of views but not too much dialog or comments so hopefully this is the right place to put this thread.

Last edited by Kevinti; 11-06-22 at 07:11 PM. Reason: add link