Old 03-01-23, 10:14 AM
Aerzon

Bikes: Raleigh Mojave 4.0, Panasonic DX1000

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Drillium Dude
Hey, wait just a minute - that's a crabon fyber fork!

You heathen!

DD
I'm scared of having it in my house... It could assplode at any second! I don't even think my renter's insurance would cover damages caused by spontaneous combustion(s) of crabon fibber objects, as any self respecting gentleman would know better than to disgrace his household with such modern, black magic lunacies.

(Thinking out loud begins here) Ahem.... Anyway... It might seem silly to post it here, given that it's threadless equipped, carbon fiber forked, and could be a viable weight weenie build. I get that. On the other hand, to many people, that frame is "too old" and anything 20+ is "vintage" to them. I was scrolling on another cycling page one day and saw someone refer to Ultegra from 2003 as "ancient." I saw another say they wouldn't ride aluminum from that time period and that it needs to be retired. On the other hand, to many members here, that frame is way too new for this forum. Different perspectives.
I suppose it depends on whether you consider very early 2000s frames with horizontal top tubes to fit under the C&V umbrella just yet. At some point they'll have to, it's just a matter of when that will be. I'm not personally sure. Maybe the definition of C&V should just be "any bike which GCN would refer to as retro in a video title."
I could put my upcoming build thread in "Early Brifter Bikes," but it's rather...... *crickets* around there. I guess it doesn't matter too much, it's mostly for my documentation and maybe the occasional ask for advice.

​​​​
Likes For Aerzon: