Sixty Fiver
Bicycle Repair Man !!!

Bikes: See my sig...

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 128 Times in 95 Posts
Originally Posted by noglider
So was the Lenton name solely for the Canadian market? I've only heard of it here on bikeforums and only from Canadians.
'Follow my example and ride a Lenton'

The popular, well-tried Lenton Sports has proved its worth during the past years and today we know it to be the undoubted thoroughbred of its class. The name has come to be associated with all that is best in cycling, thanks to an outstanding specification combined with the high standard of Design, Quality and Finish so well known to Raleigh Dealers and their customers. This machine represents exceptional value for money.

--Reg Harris

The Raleigh Lenton Sports was in production longer than any of Raleigh's Club models and was produced from 1949 until 1963 and was also sub branded as the Rudge Pathfinder, Trent Tourist, and Triumph Torrington.

The Trent was a lower cost model that appeared in 1951 or 1952 and used a high tensile frame instead of Reynolds 531 and was a best selling model for Raleigh.

These were made for the British and export market and was not a Canadian specific model... they are probably more common here as Canada was a better market for Raleigh as the U.S. had rather high import duties on British goods to protect their domestic manufacturers like Schwinn.