Old 11-30-21, 09:31 AM
kahn

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Liked 690 Times in 396 Posts
Originally Posted by Route 66
I'm beginning to think that the OP has little or no interest in this thread.
That's kind of what I was thinking coming to it on day three.

But I'll throw in more advice which might have been mentioned since admit to not having read each reply.

Church parking lots can be wide open and empty on weekdays if parents are not there teaching their kids to drive. School grounds on weekends can serve the same purpose. I did like the ideas of finding a low angle grassy slope (not a grassy knoll) and coasting down it.

But my childhood story of my first bike "ride." I had been having trouble and my cousin took me to a school yard. He stood behind holding or balancing the bike as I tried to get the hang of balancing. A few mistakes but we did not give up. Next thing I'm shouting "stop the bike" as I'm heading to the cyclone fencing at the perimeter. He is not helping - because he is now 50 to 100 feet behind this balanced bike careening toward the fence and then into the fence. My FIRST BIKE RIDE. Followed by more than day with a bit more control and now by decades of cycling.

I do hope that the OP was sincere and wants to learn how to ride. My friend was just over and is teaching his 32 year old son who never wanted to drive, how to drive. We all start somewhere.
Likes For kahn: