Old 12-12-21, 07:34 PM
Sorcerer

Location: '16 StumpJ, Salsa Mukluk, Soulcycles SS, Dean Colonel HT, BMC FourstrokeTrail, Dean Torres CX, Santana Visa Tandem, Trek T2000 Tandem, Cupertino MTB Tandem, FreeAgent26"Xtracycle, Dirt Drop Dingle, Jamis Dragon Dingle, Airborne Skyhag SS, SSDean Cols
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 116 Times in 61 Posts
Learning and seeing so much about this beautiful topic here on this forum helps me appreciate cycling, and this aesthetic of single speed and fixed gear.

I commute daily on a steel Jamis Dragon One. It's pretty heavy, especially with the accessories I need and use. I haven't weighed it. It's just my ride to work, and I love it.

Compared to the elegant vintage bikes on the forum this bike is humble.

The chrome steel Soma Eagle handlebar is an unusual component. It's been on there since the build up about 5 years ago. A few stem changes were needed to get the right positioposition.
The Eagle could be compared to a Jones bar perhaps. It took a couple of years to get used to using the "horns". My initial impression was that position was useless. I was very wrong. I've adapted to use them like a riding on the hoods or scooting forward for a nice flat stretch, especially if there's a tailwind, to spin up a high cadence.

The bike has XT hydraulic on the front and Deore mechanical in the rear.

Recently, at the beginning of autumn, I put Schwalbe Century white wall/green rubber tires on it. These aren't light, but they have a reflective stripe, were cheap, and give the ride a personality that makes me want to pedal.

The metal front basket is attached to a Salsa Fargo fork. I usually have a small bungee cargo net on it. This has proven to be very useful on commutes. It also serves as a place to put stuff where it rests at work.

Some parts: Axiom rear rack, vintage White Industries Novato bottom bracket, Paul single speed rear hub, H+Son Hydra rear rim, Suntour 888 dingle freewheel, Thomson layback seatpost, Brook B17 saddle.

When the front basket is loaded high, I put the headlamps on the horns for visibility.
Likes For Sorcerer: