Old 01-18-22, 12:05 PM
M.Lou.B

Bikes: Trek Multitrack 7300

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Russ Roth
Actually the switch in cranks will probably be more than you realize since they came with a heavy BB and typically cheaper steel chainrings, the 7500 and 7600 got the nicer stuff.
1900g for a wheelset will be a nice improvement, if they're the more aero 750 series rims those things are probably close to 1200g just the rims.
The BB is absolutely english threaded, Trek is an American brand and never made a bike that I have heard of with Italian threads.
Hello Russ,
thank you so much for all your help with this.
As for the crank, I will definitely keep your words ("more than you realize") with me as I consider my options. So far I have been enjoying the 3x8 drivetrain for its versatility, as I commute to work up some steep hills, but also enjoy the mid range and big chainwheels for going fast on a more even surface. The hybrid character of my Napoleon really pleases me. I understand the significant advantage in terms of weight that 2 chainrings offer over 3, on top of ditching the heavy BB. Finding the right one will be tough.

I checked my wheels for you today. Their stickers say "VUELTA RODE (made in Europe) - ALLOY 6063 - ETRTO 622x19 DIN DOUBL WALL".
As recommended, I'm looking into replacing them. Here are a couple options. Would you please let me know if you think they are suitable?
Shimano Custom Made 28" Deore T610 V-Brake / Mavic A 119 Wheel Set (960g and 1200g)
Shimano Custom Made 28" Deore T610 / Rigida ZAC 2000 V-Brake (950g and 1150g)
I tried linking them but I'm not allowed to post URLs just yet. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Also as recommended, I plan on replacing my heavy Schwalbe Marathon with a 35mm Marathon Racer subtype, which would drop some 690g. Napoleon also received an new seatpost today, losing some 326g. With the new tires, that's more than 1 kg gone already.

Please let me know what you think. I am very open for further suggestions.
Thank you so, so much again for your help!