View Single Post
Old 01-17-07, 07:07 PM
Tom Bombadil
His Brain is Gone!

Bikes: RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Another thought on this ... Being a short-legged person (inseam of 28"), the Raleigh seat would be set fairly low for me. This would result in the angle from the seat to the crank being less, and likely very close to the angle on the Dynamik.

If the angle is essentially the same, and the distance from the seat to the crank is the same (which it would have to be for my feet to reach the pedals), then the RANS crank would not be 2" forward of the Gruv's from my seating position. As the RANS seat is adjusted down, it would also move forward, bringing me closer to the crank. I think it would end up with the crank being in almost the same position with either bike.

However as I don't know what that angle would be on the Gruv, and I have not been able to find the seat tube angle for the Dynamik, it is rather hard to be conclusive.

I agree that for a longer-legged rider, the RANS crank could be positioned up to 2"-3" forward of the Gruv. As their seat to crank angle on the Gruv would be steeper than for me.

It would be fun to have them side by side and configured for me, so that I could take some measurements.