View Single Post
Old 04-18-23, 09:03 PM
NitroExpress

Bikes: 1974 Mirella ~ Campy Record Group, 1985 Maruishi Mountain Ace 18, 1999 Waterford 2200, 2023 Poseidon X Ambition (with lots of upgrades)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 38 Times in 23 Posts
The bottom line is, regardless of your current condition, if you are working to improve it, that is a positive thing. I would never even consider being embarrassed for exercise, in what ever form. People that would say anything negative are worthless, ignorant, etc., etc.... You should be proud of making the effort... As far as wearing bibs and a jersey, I would say go for it. I think it is far more comfortable to ride in than anything else. Of course it helps to ride with a supportive group , but if you have to ride alone so be it; the satisfaction should come from within. And yes, I hate to say it, but I have to agree with Wonderer518, the only thing I was upset about was letting myself go. When I got back into riding after 20+ years off I was VERY lucky to start back up with a supportive group. First my son then with the McLean County Wheelers from Bloomington/Norma, IL. So my hat is off to all who want to get back into the groove...
Likes For NitroExpress: