View Single Post
Old 07-06-22, 04:17 PM
Velo Mule

Bikes: Trek 800 x 2, Schwinn Heavy Duti, Schwinn Traveler, Schwinn Le Tour Luxe, Schwinn Continental, Cannondale M400 and Lambert, Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 813 Post(s)
Liked 1,028 Times in 668 Posts
It is made in China with low cost labor and it takes advance of economies of scale including the practice of making bikes under contract and then making the same bike for sale elsewhere that often include the original labels or emblems. This is the deal we make to get products cheaper. We in the US and Western world have always been happy about that arrangement. Now we are starting to see the down side to that deal.

This bike appears to be marketed through big box retailers so the numbers of bikes made is likely to be quite high. That is a good thing for consumers.

By the way while I'm getting preachy, I am wearing clothes make in China typing on a keyboard made in China, looking at a monitor made in China, my computer is made in China, so we all take advantage of this "deal" .

One other way that bikes are made less expensive is that manufacturing has gotten far better. So, it's not all cheap labor, cheap materials and high volume. And that goes for any bike you get nowadays.

It is good to hear when someone enjoys their bike. You may want to post a picture of it in the Beach Cruiser section.
Likes For Velo Mule: