Old 11-17-22, 09:42 AM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Originally Posted by 996
Looking to pick up either 30mm Continental GP5000s, or 30mm Vittoria Corsa 2.0s.

Anyone here riding 30mm or 32mm road tires? If so, what are you riding?

Currently on 28mm Panaracer Gravel Kings (which are nice), but do want to increase my tire width a bit more.

Thanks!
My question to you would be: why do you want to increase your tire width by a couple of mm? All other things equal, that's not a big difference.

I've run various (really good) 28s and 30s and the 28 vs 30 part is often the least concern. The same nominal size tires, from different manufacturers, often measure out differently; unless they publish WAM/RAM specs, it's hard to say what the actual size differences will be. More importantly, the casing construction and compounds used will often overshadow any theoretical, all-other-things-equal differences brought about by the actual volume change.

Because of this, my advice would be to focus on and try out tires with a reputation for excellence in whatever quality that you're looking for - suppleness, grip, rolling resistance, etc - rather than going to 30mm for the sake of going to 30mm. Really though, it's all going to come down to trying things out for yourself and going from there. It's highly unlikely that you'll buy a tire, in the realm that you're talking about, and think that it's so bad that you wouldn't ride the tread off of 'em, so just start trying 'em. Once you find a tire that you really love, consider fine-tuning with small size change up or down, within the same make/model, if desired.
Likes For WhyFi: